Saturday, March 12, 2011

What's New!

Well, it has been a while since I have posted so I thought I would update. Things are busy around here but we are still alive and well:) We went on a fun trip to Southern California to visit friends after Christmas, I will post about that later. We had a lot of fun and saw some new things. Braeden is doing really well in Kindergarten. He is reading everyday and loves it. He just told Chloe what a predator was and I asked how he knew that. He said very matter of factly, "it's in my book." He loves dinosaurs and is reading all about them.
Chloe is growing up fast. She is very much a girly girl although she likes to play with the boys too. She is wearing dress up clothes all the time, which I did as a kid too. Spring soccer is starting soon and she is very excited because she is finally old enough to play on a team.
My little Austin bug isn't so little anymore. He loves to cuddle and gives lots of hugs and kisses. He loves cars and carries them around often. It's hard to believe that he is almost 21 mos. Some of his words are; please, mine, no, apple, car, ball, cracker, bear (he sleeps with a specific teddy bear every night), shoe, coat, pizza, Braeden, Chloe, momma, dad. If anyone says the word go he gets his shoes and stands under the coats pointing saying, coa, coa!! He loves to go outside!As for me I have been really busy lately, a little stressed, and having a lot of fun!!! I started school last semester, but only took a few night classes. This semester I have a full schedule and it's been keeping me on my toes. Last week I started my elementary education practicum. I have been going out to a school MWF from 8-4 and TTH from 8-12. On those days I go back to campus for a math class, so I am gone everyday until 4. For the practicum I am working in a second grade class. The teacher is still there and I teach some small group lessons everyday and teach the whole class a few times a week. I am loving it!! I have been a little stressed trying to figure out exactly what I am supposed to be doing and I am exhausted at the end of the day. It is getting a little easier to know what I need to do and how to manage the class.

I was observed twice this last week and it was nerve racking, but I did great. My professor told us to expect our scores to be 0, 1, 2 this semester since it is our first experience in front of a class and I averaged a 3 on one of my observations. I haven't seen scores for the other one. I was really excited and I will be observed three times next week, but I think I am ready for it now!! I applied for an internship this next school year. We'll find out at the end of March. It's exciting, but I know it will be busy. I will have to take classes during the summer to finish my course work. I miss my kids, but I know they are okay and I am doing it for them. Neil gets to be Mr. Mom for a while. He is still working nights at FEDEX and is doing well there. During the day he stays home with the kids. I think it is getting easier as he gets used to it, it is a blessing that he can be home and we don't have to ship them off to babysitters, which is something we may have to do later on.

All in all we are good and are looking forward to warmer weather so we can spend some time out of the house. We look forward to Saturdays when we can spend a little more time together as a family!

2 comments:

Amy Gibson said...

Loved reading the update. Wow your a busy momma! Sounds like your doing really well with teaching. Great job Lesley!

Unknown said...

Your kids are getting so big! They are so cute. Isn't it fun to see them grow and develop and do things you remember doing at their ages? It's crazy. I'm so impressed you're going to school again! Way to go! I'm sure it's not easy to be a busy mom of 3 and doing your teaching practicum. You rock!