The kids and I ventured off to CA last week to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Chittock. Braeden felt right at home and didn't want to leave. My mom flew out and drove with us so that we wouldn't have to drive by ourselves. Thanks mom, it was nice to have someone with me. Neil flew out to CA for a day so that he could drive back with us too. The drive was fairly easy and went by fast, but it was nice to have some company!!! The kids are very good travelers. I just hope number three will be as easy going! Braeden was pretty worn out at the end of every day the weather was so nice, the kids got to run around in the yard pretty much all day. This is probably where grandpa likes him best :) asleep!
He was quite the little helper, here he is helping grandma put together her food storage shelf.
And helping grandpa outside. Grandpa was using the nail gun and the saw and Clif was around the back of the house using the chain saw, Braeden said, "hey, keep it down we're trying to work over here," as if he and grandpa weren't making any noise at all. We were all pretty amused with the funny things he did and said that week.

Grandma brought out Uncle Kyle's legos from when he was a kid and Braeden sat there and built with them for almost 2 full hours. It was amazing. He never sits and stays entertained with something for that long. I guess he's getting old enough to have some of his own. Chloe thought they were pretty fun too, but she mostly wanted to take what Braeden had already built.
Reading a lego catalog with grandma, Braeden still likes to pull on mommy and grandma's hair, I'm not sure how to break that habit, I'm hoping he won't be 10 years old still playing with my hair.
Chloe was grandpa's buddy at least for the first part of the week. She said she was grandpa's darlin' (the kids got that off of a song they listen to in the car) and followed him around when ever he was at the house. She went for a walk with him and when he left for work one day she said, "grandpa at work?" After a few days she ended up with a fever and then didn't want much to do with grandpa, it's funny how little ones change their minds so much.
Grandma and Grandpa have this silly game where you launch bull riders off a bull into a target, we used a cardboard box, the kids really got into it and played with it almost everyday I think. After Chloe saw the cowboy go into the box for the first time she said, "cool"


This never happens, but it is what Braeden does all the time, so it was funny that Chloe climbed up on Grandma's lap, stuck her finger in her mouth and grabbed grandma's hair. It only lasted about 15 sec and she's never done it since.
We had some friends over to play while we were there. Braeden loved it. He still asks if he can play with his friend Adam. He remembers all of his friends from CA and is having a hard time, because he says he doesn't want new friends, just his old ones. I asked him if he was resting in this picture and he said, "no, I'm dead" I guess that's why is tongue is hanging out.

The gang eating popsicles. Coen Clove, Jay Connelly, Braeden, Adam DeGruccio, Kennidi Smith, Chloe, and Isabella DeGruccio. Tisha was there with her baby Tanner and there was another little Clove that were not in the picture. It was so fun to see our friends and get to hang out in the sunshine.
This was a goodbye hug between Braeden and his cousin Adam, it looks more like Braeden is strangling him.

We got to see some of our cousins went to the park, and had ice cream that was lots of fun!! Braeden mentions his cousins all the time, so to be able to spend the day with them was great. Kenzie was so cute, she asked where Chloe was when Chloe was standing right in front of her and said she couldn't recognize her because of her glasses.


These are just some funny pictures of the kids and Uncle Nic in the pots at the Farm Store.


Chloe was being funny when I was trying to pack. We had such a wonderful time in CA. Thank you to mom and dad for putting up with us for a whole week and for everything you do for us. We miss all of our family and friends and it was so great to see everybody. Braeden is already asking when we can go back. I hope to see everyone again in September when Elder Chittock returns from his mission and we have another little one, perhaps another redhead:)
3 comments:
It was fun to see you guys. Chloe looks so cute with her hair like that. Im tempted to cut Ava's hair. Hope to see you in September!
So I am going to "steal" about all the pictures you posted from your trip! The one of Nic in the pot and Chloe in the suitcase made me LOL and Kenzie came running to see what was so funny! It was so good to see you and hopefully we will see ya soon, and meet the newest redhead!!
I love seeing the pics from your trip. And I love hearing all of Braeden's funny comments.
The girls dresses are from a really upscale boutique called Target. I wasn't going to get anything for Easter, (remember?) but with two girls they just have to match!
Post a Comment