Friday, November 19, 2010

A Dinosaur Party!!!!

We had a super fun birthday party today for one lucky almost 6 year old. Braeden wanted to have a dinosaur party and we are lucky to have the BYU Paleontology museum close. We have taken the kids there a couple times and Braeden wanted to take his friends, thank goodness it's free:) We made dinosaur eggs last week which I think turned out pretty awesome. All the kids got to be paleontologists and find the dinosaurs at the museum (that I had taken pictures of earlier) and find these eggs. It was a very successful party and I think everyone had lots of fun!!!
I made "Dinosaur Discovery Journals" for all the little guests.
This was what we did instead of a favor bag, They each had a hat with their name on it, binoculars and their journals. I think the kids really loved it.
You might have to make it bigger, but I LOVE this banner I made for the wall.
The gang getting ready to hunt for dinosaur bones!!

Getting ready to find eggs...
"Let's Go!!!"
They were pretty amazed that they actually found some eggs.
They all loved hitting the eggs with a hammer to crack them open and finding little dinosaurs inside!!

Braeden was super excited about all the dinosaurs from Grandma Chittock!! Thanks Grandma!!!
Had to throw this one in of Austin. He's starting to use a fork to eat his food and is getting pretty good at it!!

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Will you plan my next party? It looked like a lot of fun! I love the egg idea and then cracking them open to find a dinosaur. Very creative.

Jesica Anne said...

This is so cute. I love the idea (helps me know of what to do for the future.) Your kids are so cute!