Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Big Cake

So Brazilians really know how to party!! Our friends, from Brazil of course, were throwing a party for their little girl's first birthday and they asked me to make the cake. There were about 80 people planned to be there so I had to make it big. I am lazy so I just bought the cake mix, but I made the frosting because it tastes better:) So, 5 cake mixes and about that many hours later (because I had to bake the cakes and wait for them to cool), here's what we got. I think I am getting pretty decent at it, I like to make cakes anyway. So now to decide what to make for Chloe Jane's birthday, I have a feeling a My Little Pony cake is going to be the way to go. The party turned out great and there probably were 80 people there counting all the kids. It was funny because they sang Happy Birthday the way they do in Brazil and then in english...let me tell you Americans are BORING! The Brazilian way was much more fun!

No comments: