Friday, March 20, 2009

Soccer

Braeden started soccer yesterday and he loves it!!  We didn't have a coach, but a few other mom's convinced another to do it, I guess she has done it before, and we are all very grateful to her!  It was pretty funny to watch the kids in their first game.  They just practice for 30 minutes and then play a game for 30 minutes.  It was a long time for Braeden, I brought him lots of water, but I'll have to take more next time.  He likes to run around, but he's not used to so much at once.  He got the ball and kicked it down field really well once, but he is actually one of the smaller ones on his team believe it or not and was falling behind some.  I think a few of the kids played in the fall too, so they kind of know what they are doing already.  
Neil got to play coach for a little while, I think he will be helping out whenever he comes.  These three are waiting their turn to get in the game.


This was before everyone got there, I just love this new shirt we got for Braeden.  It fits him so well.  If you can't see it, it says "I run on super power"  We have games on Thursdays and Saturdays for the next month.  Braeden is very excited to play, if he likes it maybe we'll sign him up again for the fall session.

1 comment:

Joy :) said...

Soooo cute! I love that he is playing. He if perfect for that. I cannot believe he is one of the smaller ones. He will be so good if he keeps playing.