Saturday, February 7, 2009

"The Farm"

I took the kids to Farm Country at Thanksgiving point, it was pretty funny!  You would think they have never been around animals before.  I think they are turning into city kids, we better get them out of here fast.  Braeden wanted to ride the pony but Chloe would have nothing to do with it, she said, "wee" while they were going around in circles but when I asked if she wanted to ride one she got all serious and said, "no".  
The only thing Chloe would get close to was the ducks and geese, she didn't want to leave this spot.  There were dozens of them in this little tiny pond and the geese walked right up to the fence expecting some food and she wasn't scared.
The kids escaped from the Utah Territorial Jail.

This is about as close as they would get to the animals (these were the turkeys) they wouldn't touch anything or even get close.  I had to coax Chloe passed the the turkeys she didn't even want to walk by them.  And Braeden still doesn't like the chickens!  It was actually pretty funny. I just can't believe these are my kids and they don't like animals at all.  Hopefully when we have our own house we can get a few chickens and a dog or something so we can change that!!  We also went on a wagon ride and I asked Braeden if the tractor pulling it was like Grandpa's and he said no (it was a Kubota), so I asked what color Grandpa's tractor is and he said green!!  It was a pretty fun day, mostly for me I guess it reminded me of good 'ol Rough and Ready!

3 comments:

Joy :) said...

That looks like fun. Hello! did they forget where they lived already?

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Hi Lesley! How fun - I had no idea this was there! You learn something every day!